Friday, August 04, 2006

Silicone mess

I finally got around to putting some new silicone around my bath tonight (the exciting life I lead). I scraped the old stuff out weeks ago, it cracked when the bath was full and looked a mess. Guess thats what I get for using cheap shit.

I finally got off my arse and drove to B&Q anf bought some more. It started off quite well, using the back of my finger to smooth it along. Intended to use an old wooden peg but didn't have any or anything else suitable for the job. It was fine until I tried to clear some of the excess off afterwards and I have made it bumpy now because it had started to set and couldn't smooth it out again. I will leave it to harden and see what happens when I empty and fill the bath. If it doesn't crack I might leave it depends how bad it looks. If it cracks like before it wont matter anyway and will have to scrape it out again. I did find a brand a load of brand new wooden pegs in my cupboard after I had finished (sods law).

I'm supposed to be meeting up with a mate tomorrow but they were a bit drunk last night when they said that and haven't been able to get in touch with them today. If they don't turn up tomorrow I guess they're not, but I wont be happy as I have sent a couple of texts about it today. Just remembered I am trying to be positive and happy, so I will be slighly annoyed if they don't turn up but will still smile, lol.

No comments: