Monday, August 21, 2006

Gardening

I didn't get up until late this morning, it was almost dinner time. Yet last night I managed to get to sleep almost straight after writing the post on here. Maybe the relaxation music I was listening to while blogging actually helped. I must of slept about 10 hours last night :-)

I got up and decided to work on my garden, I flattened it down by treading it in, my mother helped with this and we tried to make it as level as possible. I then spread the grass seed as per the instructions on the packet, it almost covered the entire area. I had marked it slightly bigger anyway (luckily). I then lightly raked the grass seed in.

After doing the grass I planted a few plants at the house end of my garden. I had a rhododendron I rescue from my garden before the tractor originally turned it over. I also had a dwarf rhododendron in my parents garden I bought over 10 years ago. I got a couple of other plants from my parents garden as well, like a hosta (snail eaten). It certainly looks better but I need loads more plants but will wait until the grass is coming through before planting anymore.

I watered the the plants in but it started to rain just after I finished, which is good for the grass seed and the plants :-)

No comments: