Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Run

Distance: 5.62 miles

I've just got back from the run shown above, a little disappointed because I thought it was just over 6 miles but its not. Then again its the first time I have run with my inserts and it certainly made a difference. I could see my first were straight when striking the ground, in the past my toes would point out over which put strain on my knees.

The only problem is I used muscles that I would never use very much when running previously. I found the last mile hard after the long downhill of West Road in Crook. I wanted to stop but somehow kept going. Probably kept going because I have stuff on my mind, work and my last post.

It was the first time in ages I have ran with music. I didn't count or really concentrate on my breathing either, it just sorted itself out (must be getting used to it). I still have a long way to go, I am running less than half the distance of the Great North Run and only have about 6 weeks to go.

My aim is to hit 10 miles a couple of weeks before the race. I better create a full calendar of training now, should of done it weeks ago but I got side tracked.

No comments: