Sunday, August 20, 2006

Back Pain

I didn't get out of bed today until late because I couldn't get to sleep until after 4am, too much on my mind. I eventually decided I had to get up when I noticed it wasn't raining and do some gardening. I wanted to clear the weeds that were coming through again ready for putting grass seed down. My mam came to help me and in truth she did nearly all of the weeding today. I took some of the rubbish from the bottom of my garden (the weeding I did previously). It weighed a lot, it had rocks and sods in the bags.

When I got to the tip I couldn't get anywhere near the skip I needed to be at, so parked quite a way away and had to carry the bags to it which was up steps. I ended up doing something to my back after the first couple of bags but had to keep going. I then continued on to B&Q to get some grass seed. By the time I got back home my back was starting to hurt more and it started to rain heavily just as I got back. So that was the gardening for the day.

Over the next couple of hours my back got worse and worse to the point where I couldn't sit, stand or lie down without being in a lot of pain. I just tried to keep moving but it just kept getting worse and I was in agony and was constantly gritting my teeth. Eventually I got in the bath which really helped, I actually took some Ibuprofen and it is very rare I take any tablets (must of hurt). I felt loads better after the bath and managed to sit down and watch the TV. Its hurting again now sat here which could be the tablets wearing off but its a hell of a lot better than earlier on :-)

No comments: