Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Return To Work

It was my first day back at work today, it was strange to be back after so long. It was an easy day and couldn't do very much because I am still waiting for some things to be sorted out so I can access everything I need to. Just about every person that saw me welcomed me back and said it was good to see me.

I didn't answer the telephone much mainly because of what I mentioned above about that being able to access everything yet.

Considering I have been off for 8 weeks there hasn't been many changes. I have known more changes when I've been on holiday for 2 weeks. I guess it was disappointing that there weren't more changes (for the better), we are still waiting for things to be upgraded and still having the same problems as when I was last there.

My aim was to come back to work, do my work and speak to no one about anything but work, but its hard not to talk to friends when they are on the phone for help. They start talking about none work stuff and I was very conscious of it. There is no problem with me talking to them as long as I'm not on all day, but at the moment I would prefer not to be talking about anything but work when on the phone. It was good to be able to talk while doing work with colleagues in the office though.

No comments: