Monday, August 07, 2006

Away for a few days

I went to Bishop this morning to look for some shoes in Clarks. It's not really the sort of shoe shop I would normally go in, they didn't have anything I wanted. So I ended up with no new shoes. I needed the new shoes because I was supposed to take them with me when my feet are measured for my insoles. I just yook my old shoes so he could see what I would normally wear and my new trainers and walking shoes.

He explained more about what was wrong with my feet and what was happening to my knees. My left leg is longer than my right by about a centimeter. Which was fairly obvvious when he got me to bend knee. When I bend my right knee my whole upper body twists as it should but it barely moved when I bent my left knee.

Anyway he is making me 2 pairs of inserts and I will get them next week.

I am going to the lakes tomorrow for a few days on my own, haven't decided how many exactly but intending to stay at least 2 nights so far. I am going to try to get in a campsite in Great Langdale near Ambleside. You can't book in advance, its first come first served. Although there are 300 pitches and can't imagine all of them being full!

I am hoping this will give me some time on my own away from everything and everyone to help me decide where I am going with my life. I am gonna try to walk fairly slowly and take my time. I have a couple of walks planned in my head. Normally I would plan the walks on the computer then let my GPS guide me but not this time. I need to buy a map in Ambleside then I am just gonna read off the map (so probably never hear from me again). Intending to walk Crinkle Craggs and Bow Fell one day and Langdale Pikes another.

I don't intend to email any posts to this blog when I am away. I want to cut myself off from everything for a couple of days and just enjoy life without computers. I will have my phone but don't intend to use it. I got 4 books out of the library and will probably take a couple with me and just read in the tent when I'm not walking. There are a couple of pubs fairly close and will probably pop in for an hour or so on a night for a meal, I am not taking a gas stove will just eat cold food other than whatever I get in the pub.

I have done enough writing on here I need to continue sorting out my gear to take.

No comments: