Thursday, August 31, 2006

Couldn't Run

I took my running gear to work today but decided it was a waste of time running at dinner time because I didn't have the time to run over 5 miles and get showered in my dinner hour. So on my way home from the Consett office I decided I would stop for a run. I decided to go to Wolsingham and intended to run up to Tunstall.

I was actually feeling quite tired, thirstly and a bit hungry by the time I got to the picnic area. Right from the beginning I just didn't feel comfortable and I don't know how to describe it, I just felt very lethargic and really struggled and that was just setting off. After just over a mile I decided that I was just not in the right state physically or mentally. I sat down on a seat for a few minutes, thinking. I had only ran just over a mile. I wasn't out of breath or aching (I should hope not), I just had no energy. I decided it was stupid to go on to Tunstall because I had to come all the way back. So ran back to the car, in the end I ran the grand total of 2.3 miles. There was a break half way as well, that shows how bad I was.

I can only put it down to what I have been eating or the lack of. I have been trying to eat healthily which just isn't me. I have eaten lots of fruit and veg and kept away from fatty food and chips and tried to eat less bread. I don't think I have eaten enough though, I guess being back to work as well and not getting much sleep could be part of the problem as well.

I have just over 4 weeks before I have to run 13.1 miles, so this isn't what I need. I am gonna aim to run about 8 miles at the weekend. I had intended to walk Blencathra & Sharp Edge on Saturday but I think I need to do a decent run. I am kind of disgusted with myself that I faltered at this stage. My body just isn't used to this healthy shit and its crying out for some chips, lol ;-)

No comments: