Monday, July 16, 2007

what a day

spent the day until 3pm in tadoussac which was great going around the
whale museum. Watching the whales from the shore oh and i ate cheese
again. Wasn't keen on it though. No val i am not eating pizza i've
been eating posh food, not pizza. I'm determined to carry on hiking
even if it does kill me. Which i'm sure it wont but will be happier
when i find out what's going on with my body.

After tadoussac i drove to quebec city, i offered the keys to Kay but
the wanted me to drive out of tadoussac and over the ferry but then
there wasn't anywhere nice and easy for her to start from. Then it
rained and we went the scenic route, which was narrow and windy. She
then had a go coz i hadn't let her drive. She never said, can i drive
now or anything, so i wasn't very happy.

We stopped at a tourist information place on the outskirts of quebec
and got directions. But when we got into quebec there was roads closed
off everywhere. We knew where we wanted to be but had no way to get
there. Kay started to have panic attacks and feeling ill. Thank god it
was me driving!

In the end we had to park the car quite a long way from the hotel and
walk in. We spent 2.5 hours driving around quebec :-(

We got into the hotel and it wasn't what we hoped. Once we got to the
room kay broke down in tears. I just wanted to teleport home. I can't
deal with my own emotions nevermind someone elses.
I wanted to give her a hug but didn't want to overstep the mark. She
just wanted me to talk but what the hell do i say?
Thought she might crack me one if i gave her a hug.

Eventually when went out for something to eat and had a very nice
meal. My starter was vegetable soup, main was duck, baked potato and
something else cant remember what. Then had black forest gatau. Washed
down with coffee and 1 litre of red wine we shared.

We don't have any of our slothes or wash things because they are in
the boot and the car park is locked up when we went at midnight :-(

If i stayed slightly drunk me and kay might get on better because i
talk constantly but at other times i say nowt. Although i have been
hungry most of the time, which means i become quiet and have no
energy. I have lost more weight over the holiday.

Sounds like kay has gone to sleep as she is making some funny noises,
not snoring. Just stopped. Last night i woke up and she was giggling
away but she had no idea what about when i asked her earlier tonight.

No comments: