Friday, July 13, 2007

montreal

we arrived in montreal later than expected expected due to sorting
travellers cheques and the hire car. I drove all of the 600km, it was
a lot better than i expected. I had been dreading it. Kay didn't seem
to want to volunteer either. Left her the duty of map reading which
i've decided isn't her thing either no matter what she says. She got
very flustered when heading into montreal. So i pulled in and entered
the route into google maps on the phone from where we had pulled over
to the b and b, it then took about 5 minutes if that to get there.

The guy who owns the place was very helpful and told up the best
places to go and we ended up in a great restaurant.

I feel fine after my heart problems but i'm trying to take it easy. I
haven't told kay the couple of times my chest has felt a little tight,
nothing bad and it wasn't over my heart either. I do feel just normal,
but has made me look back over things from the last couple of years.

The hardest thing about this holiday other than the heart is me and
kay. We just haven't got much to talk about. She thinks its just of
being miserable or lacking conversation skills, its more i bite my
tongue rather than saying what i'm thinking usually random thoughts.
When i do say them she looks at me like some kind of idiot. Not sure
if this is the best place to write this but have told her this and
more over the last day but conversation is still hard and she would
totally agree and sure she is pissed off.

I have learnt plenty of stuff about myself, which i already knew but
confirmed in my head.

I always said i would die young but not just yet...

I know kay is really pissed off with me because of being in hospital.
She has joked it but i know she really is. I don't blame her because
i'm really pissed off about not seeing niagra falls :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cant just go away and enjoy yourself without some drama you can ya!! And cut the crap about bloody dying young...dont you dare go and die before you go and see that play with me lol. might be something totaly trivial and they just wanted your money!! Sorry to hear you and kay are not getting on too well...maybe you need a little more in common than standing on your head!! May just be that you are both stressed with whats happened and hopefully will get better.
Not sure if you know (or care) what has happened to christine thompson either. She went to turkey last week, had a bad back before she went, woke up on her second day and had no feeling in her leg, went to docs and an x-ray showed she had a compound fracture in her back!! So a five hour operation ensued to put pins in her back and she is being flown home on tuesday. So Drama Queens the pair of you....cant take you any where!! On a more serious note, try not to worry too much mate and enjoy the rest of your holiday the best you can. Will be thinking of you xx (phew at least that gets me out of hill walking in the lakes!!)

Anonymous said...

Wots this the pair of yer got some wacko side bet on who can have the best hospital trip or something !!

Dying young ? Pull yerself together yer stupid hapeth, if that was gonna happen yer would have been gone along time ago ! Us old geezers have too many sins to atone for now and will probably live forever ! (hurrah !)So make sure yer pension is order when yer get back cos Social sure won't be enough.

As for the rest, get those damn shorts off and start wearing the trousers again ! Speak, yer damn mind man cos bottling it up ain't gonna help yer feel any better right now either.

And if that does nae work then gan off and do yer own things ! Its not as though there's nowt there to amuse yerselfs with.

Oh, and by the way give us a ring the next time, its not as tho I'm an ocean away and I'll bring yer some stuff from south o the border to perk yer up !!!!