Monday, July 30, 2007

Off Sick

I rang and made an appointment at the doctors today, I decided there was something up with me. I know I haven't got the best memory but I kept forgetting everything. I would forget halfway through a conversation what I was on about and constantly forgot what people were telling me at work. In the middle of the day I could of dozed off.

The doctor told me its a side effect of the tablets and basically told me I had a choice. I could carry on taking the tablets and not have any heart problems or stop taking the tablets and possibly have another heart incident like in Canada.

I may not of had any problem if I'd stopped taking them but until I see the cardiologist I'd rather not take any chances, so I chose to stay on the tablets and be off work sick. I was given a 2 week sick note, I probably wont of seen the Cardiologist by then but the doc said that often the tablets side effects wear off after a few weeks. So I could be fine by then...

My perfect sick record has gone out of the window but I don't care. My health is more important than some stupid work sickness record which you get no thanks for!

I don't want to sit on my arse during the next 2 weeks, I feel worse when sat doing nothing. When exercising I am more alert. I may go to the lakes tomorrow but not sure whether to leave it for a couple of days and have a lie in tomorrow, to make up some of the 3 days worth of sleep I lost over the last 2 weeks. Tons of stuff to do around the house, which could be a safer bet than driving to the lakes. Don't want to fall asleep at the wheel like I wasn't far off doing in Canada a couple of times.

No comments: