Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Good Stuff

Most of my posts from Holiday were very negative, well there was some good bits. So here they are:

CN Tower

We went up the CN Tower which is the tallest building in the world and walked on the glass floor and enjoyed the views.

Beats & Breaks Competition

On the Waterfront in Toronto, watching what we call breakdancing but they said should be called B Bopping. It was fantastic to watch, went back the second day to see the finals.

Whale Watching
I drove up to Tadoussac (1000km from Toronto) so we could go whale watching it was definitely worth it. We went on a boat ride and saw lots and lots of whales. I enjoyed the whole time in Tadoussac, from the nice posh meals to the fabulous views.

Meals
Anyone who knows me, knows how I eat nothing and am very fussy. I decided before going to Canada that I was going to try as many different foods as possible. I can't remember ever saying no to anything and even had cheese which I normally hate. I don't think there was anything I didn't like. A lot of the meals were quite posh but really enjoyed all of the food, even continued the food exploration by going to a proper sit down indian on Friday night once I was home.

Shout Out Out Out Out
I had almost forgot about this, after watching the breaks and beats competition we watched Shout Out Out Out Out who are a Canadian dance group who have 2 drummers and 4 bass players. They sound very different but enjoyed the music and at the end we turned around and there was a huge Fireworks display on.

Flight Home
This might sound bad, but I was pleased to go home so it was a relief when flying but more what I intended when writing "Flight Home" was the fabulous sun rise I watched and while this was happening a plane flew past us which made the sun rise look even more dramatic.

Montmorency Falls
We never made it to Niagra but at least we got to see a waterfall and this was impressive :-)

Accommodation
Some of the accommodation we stopped in was excellent, I think the best was Montreal but maybe thats because they had free Wi-Fi. No it was because the room was very nice and the owner Richard was incredibly helpful. The places we stayed in Toronto and Tadoussac was also really good. Shame Quebec and Kingston didn't match up, 3 out of 5 isn't bad though.

People
Almost everyone we met when in Canada was very friendly, helpful and laid back. That is one of the things I think both of us would take as a positive from Canada.

Run
I managed to get 1 run in before I was unable to, I really enjoyed this running through High Park and down to the the shore of Lake Ontario. I only did just over 3 miles but had intended to do more over the following days.

No comments: