Thursday, March 06, 2008

Challenges

I have just updated the challenges on the side of this page. I still want to do the Wainwrights but I don't want to have to rush them, if it takes years then so be it. The 1001 albums to listen to before you die challenge got boring because lots of the albums were rubbish.

So the new challenges aren't too hard and are certainly achievable.

  • Learn to Snowboard - already done this although need to go back for more practice
  • Learn to climb - I have found a couple of places locally where I can learn on a climbing wall but would then like to climb outdoors.
  • Smile and have more fun - may sound stupid but I have been known at lots of points in my life for not smiling and being miserable. I feel better if smiling and obviously need to be having fun to feel happy and want to smile :-)
  • Walking Website - I mentioned this in a previous post or hinted at it. I have had an idea in my head for months, mainly because I haven't found a website that does what I want. There are some that offer very similar services but they are often pay for sites or are badly designed. When I have something up and running I will post more details. I don't think anyone else will be bothered, but will be useful for me and my dad if no one else.
This is a short list but a major problem with failing challenges and goals is due to unrealistic targets. I started to write if I only achieve one of the 3 remaining goals/challenges I hope its the website, then thought what am I writing. It would be "Smile and have more fun", it doesn't really matter if I don't do the other 2. BUT to be happy is the most important thing in the world, surely?

No comments: