Thursday, March 15, 2007

Job Appeal

I'm gonna keep this short so I don't go off on one. When I originally received my Job Evaluation it put me in Band 2. This happened because my job description had not been altered since I started other than 1 thing that someone sneaked in without informing me.

So I appealed along with 2 other members of the unit. Yesterday we received our results, both mine and a colleagues weren't upheld so we remained on Band 2 (as far as I know). I think the third won their appeal (fairly certain). This means that 2 of us were lower than other members of the unit who by their own admission were working 2 a lower level. The new staff that were taken on were also set on at a higher band. As far as I was concerned I was working to the same level as my colleague who won their appeal and had practically the same thing wrote on the appeals.

I have ended up on Band 4 because I was made officially the same level as the colleague who won their appeal. This according to the letter was from December when the unit changed, although I was told a few days earlier that it would be from November (need to chase this).

Its a kick in the teeth after everything I've done for the place, to be told that I'm a Band 2 up until the unit change. There is clearly no consistency in the results of the job evaluation, and goes off who writes and explains things the best and also coincidently the 2 of us who lost the appeals were called Assistants which supposedly made no difference.

I could go on explaining more but I'm sure no one cares anyway. I haven't given up yet, this was supposed to be the last stage and the results were final but if I can prove that the results are not consistent then something will have to be looked at. What was that quote "persistance" ;-)

No comments: